Birdfeeding

Sep. 6th, 2026 12:40 pm
ysabetwordsmith: Cartoon of me in Wordsmith persona (Default)
[personal profile] ysabetwordsmith posting in [community profile] birdfeeding
Today is sunny and hot, but less so than yesterday -- 80sF instead of 90s.

I fed the birds.  I've seen a mixed flock of sparrows and house finches.

I put out water for the birds.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I did a bit of work around the patio.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I did more work around the patio.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I trimmed two spaces where I will dig down to see if the sunchokes are setting tubers yet.  Some of them are still blooming, but others are already drying up.  I'm hoping to get tubers from 2 different plants to take to the permaculture club tomorrow.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- My first dig yielded three fleshy roots with growth nodules, but no tubers which must still be in development.  I kept the roots as they could likely be used to grow new plants.  I'll have to try again for tubers next month.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I bagged the sunchoke roots in damp sand.  Then I cracked 4 yellow peach pits and got 3 good seeds, which I bagged and put in the fridge.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I watered the new picnic table garden, old picnic table garden, patio plants, purple-and-white garden, and house yard plants.

EDIT 9/6/26 -- I did more work around the patio.

I watered the telephone pole garden.  Moths are visiting the zinnias!  :D

Cicadas and crickets are singing.

As it is now dark, I am done for the night.

Profile

birdfeeding: A bird singing (Default)
Birdfeeding: Friends of a Feather Flock Together

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 2 3
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags